Position Title: SITE ACCOUNTANT
Job ID: 12537
Date Posted: 31st October 2021
Location: Milne Bay, Papua New Guinea
Industry: Accounting / Finance
Reporting to the Finance Superintendent, the incumbent would provide accurate and timely reporting of financial transactions to ensure the efficient and cost effective operation of WML.
This is a FIFO position on a 6 weeks on, 2 weeks off roster (the roster will be amended during the operational phase of the project). Preferred Points of Hire are Woodlark, Alotau, Port Moresby, Lae and Mt Hagen.
Please note that applicants will be required to provide proof of Covid-19 Vaccination as part of the pre employment medical process.
- Ensure compliance and consistency in applying all site accounting policies, procedures and processes in line with broader corporate finance policies.
- Assist Finance in providing input for the preparation of quarterly forecasts and annual budget.
- Assist Finance in monitoring departmental expenditure and provide departmental cost and variance reports on a regular basis.
- Assist Finance to provide timely and accurate operational and capital monthly reports.
- Assist Finance to provide timely and accurate reconciliation and reporting of general ledger accounts.
- Assist Finance in coordinating and verifying accounts payable and backcharge transactions.
- Assist Finance in verifying and payment of fortnightly payroll transactions.
- Ensure prompt payment of local supplier accounts.
- Qualifications, Skills and Experience required
- A degree qualification in Accounting or Commerce, PNGCPA status or nearing completion
- At least 5 years relevant experience working within a finance team
- Demonstrated experience in the application of ERP accounting software (preferably Pronto)
- Advanced PC skills and computer literacy
- Strong ability to work effectively within a team
- Strong communication skills, including communicating with people from different backgrounds and cultures
- Ability to work to tight deadlines on multiple tasks
This is an excellent opportunity to work with a dynamic and motivated team of industry professionals with experience in the demands and practices of a mining project.
Woodlark Mining Company LTD offers a competitive remuneration package, commensurate with experience.
Short-listing for this position commences on the 20th November 2021, however we do reserve the right to commence processing applications prior to the nominated close off date. If your do not hear from us in 20 workdays, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
If you are interested in applying for this position please send your Resume to: WMLRecruitment@Geopacific.com.au
To be eligible for this role you must be a PNG National and previous applicants for this position need not re-apply.