Position Title: PURCHASER / POM COORDINATION
Médecins Sans Frontières (Doctors Without Borders) is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organisation, founded in 1971 and working in 70 countries around the world. MSF provides medical assistance to populations in crisis, regardless of race, religion, belief or political affiliation. In PNG, MSF has been working since 2007 in Lae, Tari and Bougainville. MSF is now working in support to the Department of Health to improve access to care for tuberculosis patients in Gulf Province and NCD Province.
- Carries out the purchases of a supply office on the basis of purchase documents issued by the line manager and manages the administrative and accounting procedures related to purchasing.
- Constantly assess the local market, seeks products and suppliers that offer the best value for money, negotiates prices.
- At the request of the line manager, obtains different quotations from suppliers according to the MSF Purchasing policy
- Place purchase orders to pre-selected suppliers with whom prices have been agreed.
- Request invoices or receipts, without delay, for all purchases, check they are correctly filled and translate information written in local language before approval.
- Regularly updates the supplier-item-price data on the supply office
- Manage the administrative and accounting procedures related to purchases: complete purchase orders, check delivery notes (against orders), etc.
- Manages the advances issued by the Finance Department.
- Assists in reception control process with the storekeeper and supply assistant.
- Update information on purchase lists after purchases are made.
- Informs the Supply log/supply supervisor and LogCo/project log of all information or modifications to the “item-supplier” data: price, address, items available
- Open Ending Contract
- Candidates must be flexible with working hours
- Essential, secondary education; commerce related studies desirable
- Experience in supply chain related jobs (minimum 2 years). Working experience in international NGO is an asset.
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)/ Good knowledge of local languages
- Ability to work in a team
- Commitment and flexibility oriented.
How To Apply