Position Title: MEAL COORDINATOR – PORT MORESBY
Job ID: 11868
Date Posted: 22nd July 2021
Save the Children has been supporting communities in PNG since 1978, working across all regions of the country. We’re committed to being a platform for transformative and lasting change for children, their families and their communities.
Key Areas of Accountability
Ensure that all project officers are well-oriented on project goals, implementation plans and MEAL plans.
Assist the MEAL Manager to set-up and manage MEAL systems for all project activities, including creation of data collection tools, data bases and reporting systems, and build the capacity of project officers to use these system
Ensure data quality and accuracy is maintained through ongoing support to Project Coordinators and Project Officers during compilation of activity and budget reports.
Provide ongoing critical feedback on the reporting mechanisms and report MEAL related issues in a timely manner.
Support Program Managers and Area Managers to facilitate regular meetings with local partners and stakeholders to strengthen networking and partnership between Save the Children and its development partners and stakeholders.
Ensure that verifiable, quantitative, and qualitative data is collected and analysed in line with project MEAL plans, and that data is shared with relevant stakeholders to inform program design and review
Hold regular reflection and feedback sessions with project officers and other relevant stakeholders
Ensure quality and ethical standards for data collection are understood and met by all project officers
Set-up and manage community response mechanisms on all projects, and fulfil the role of the Accountability Focal Point (AFP)
Contribute to the design of baseline, end line and impact evaluations, where relevant
Develop communication plans that capture how implementation activities including research reports can be shared with stakeholders and development partners.
Uphold standards of value for money through continuous socialization of result driven approaches
Fulfil the roles and responsibilities of a child safeguarding focal point when the Area Manager is unavailable
Foster a strong understanding of Save the Children child safeguarding policy and reporting process among staff and volunteers
Act as a role model by demonstrate the highest standards of behaviour towards children in both your private and professional life
Be aware of, and consider, the risks associated with your everyday work and apply appropriate mitigation measures
Having the ability to mitigate any potential security and safety threats that may arise and develop a positive and strong relationship with people and communities where Save the Children works.Person Specification
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences or related field
- Post graduate training in M&E and project management
- 2-3 years’ experience in a similar M&E role responsible for managing a team
- Proven experience conducting research with both quantitative, qualitative methodologies and analysis skills
- Proven record of networking and relationship building skills.
- Experience working in community participation and accountability activities
- Experience in developing capacity of staff and the ability to speak with confidence and clarity
- Able to write clear and effective assessment and project reports with high level of written and spoken English
- Good communication skills both in English and Tok-Pisin
- Able to work harmoniously in cross cultural environment
- Effective team player and experience in delivering results on time.
- Technical Competency
- Technical experience in developing monitoring tools for development programs.
- Experience in using MS Office package including digital tools such as KoBo and other online, digital and mobile data collection tools.
- Proven experience in developing research tools and protocols for research projects.
- Strong facilitation skills and confidence in verbal communication and delivery of training programs
Tertiary education in the Social Sciences, Community Development and Education or equivalent experience in research, M&E with practical knowledge in understanding best practice standards in Research Monitoring and Evaluation in the development context.
How To Apply
Your application should include a cover letter (2 pages maximum) together with a current CV and contact details of two recent referees, Certificates and current Police Clearance Certificate (if available) obtained in the last 6 months.
Send all applications to: email@example.com And addressed to: