Location: Morobe, Papua New Guinea
Industry: Administration / Office Support, Logistics, Transport and Supply, Non Government Organisations (NGOs), Procurement / Purchasing
Job ID: #10673
Date Posted: 4th January 2021
World Vision Papua New Guinea (WVPNG) seeks to recruit suitable, qualified and experienced professional to fill the Logistics Officer position with the General Services Department to be based in Lae- Morobe Area Program Office, Papua New Guinea.
PURPOSE OF THIS ASSIGNMENT
The Logistics Officer is responsible to coordinate and oversee logistics, warehousing, stock inventory, assets management and other administrative services required at the Morobe Area Programs (AP). The Logistics Officer is expected to be proactive, flexible, and highly organized.
MAJOR ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Logistics Officer will be responsible for the overall activity implementation of the Project and not limited to the following;
- Arrange and ensure timely delivery of goods/commodities at the APs either air, sea or land
- Establish system for tracking movement of goods
- Preparing shipments and customs documents for inbound imported goods and obtaining necessary clearances from Customs Agents or from Post PNG
- Proper documentation in place for all deliveries
- Ensure monthly reports are provided on the AP and National Office teams on the condition of the warehouse containers
- Ensure containers are secure and have proper storage facilities/shelves to stock goods
- Coordinate with the Program Support Services Manager (PSSM) for the arrival of large volume or valued items and ensure adequate space is available for storage
- Ensure containers at the AP and N.O are in good condition and well maintained.
- Stock Inventory:
- Maintain up-to-date stock inventory records and coordinate with the PSSM
- Perform monthly stock inventory for the National Office warehouse containers particular NFI’s and keep up to date records
- Ensure all stock sheets for office supplies are in place and coordinated with the PSSM and Admin
- Ensure storage areas and boardrooms/meeting rooms are clean, well-organized, adequately resourced and well maintained
- Assets Management:
- In coordination with the PSSM, the Logistics officer will carry out physical inventory for fixed assets on quarterly basis and providing information to PSSM and N.O
- Coordinate with PSSM or GSM to investigate any discrepancies or incidents relating to assets
- Coordinate with the PSSM for assets recommended for disposal and put forward for Bid committee approval
- Carry out auction of disposal items when required and keep proper recording of assets inventory reports in place
- Responsible for receiving goods for the national office and raising of good received note (GRN)
- Oversee inventory of office items and ensure stock levels are kept at the maximum level
- Supervise office support staff in ensuring office areas are stringently clean and tidy
- Ensure store rooms are neatly organized and stock cards in place
- Coordinate timely maintenance and up keeping of the office with external service providers
- Participate in World Vision PNG core staff activities , such as regular staff Christian reflection activities and regular programmatic Learning and Reflection Days
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION/SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Diploma or certificate in Business Administration relevant field, or equivalent
- At least 2 years of professional in procurement, logistics, Office administration or finance
- Good understanding of key functions of the administration and logistics field
- Ability to analyse problems and provide recommendations or solutions
- Strong interpersonal skills required, Experience working in cross-cultural teams preferred
- Fluency in English, including ability to communicate professionally in writing. Working proficiency in Tok Pisin
- Competent in using MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Demonstration of networking and collaboration skills
A competitive salary, benefits and career development opportunity will be offered commensurate with relevant experience, knowledge and qualifications. Interested applicants should submit their expression of interest and detailed CV with valid Police Clearance Certificate (within the first 6 months of issuance) to:
P&C Recruitment Team
World Vision Papua New Guinea
P.O Box 4254, Boroko, 111, NCD
Or drop application in person at the World Vision Office in Southern Cross Compound, Ruta Place, Gordons, Port Moresby on or before 13 January 2021. Electronic applications should be less than 2MB.
World Vision is committed to the principles of workplace diversity. Qualified women and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
World Vision is committed to the protection of children. We do not employ staff whose background is not aligned with our child protection practices. Hence employment is conditional upon successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks, where possible.
We appreciate the time it takes to prepare your application. Please note that only short-listed candidates suitable for interview will be contacted. If you do not hear from World Vision within two (2) weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.