Inventory Officer – POM & Lae
Advertised: 12 February 2021
Accounting / Finance, FMCG, Warehousing | National Capital District, Morobe.
Goodman Fielder Papua New Guinea is one of PNG’s largest food companies, manufacturing and distributing high quality Flour, Stock Feed, Rice, Snacks and Bakery products throughout the country.
Well known products and brands include Flame Flour, Flame Stock feed, Flame Oil & Sugar, Bilas Bread, Skel Rice, Twisties snacks, Arthurs Pies and the Meadow Lea range.
At GFI our goal is to be the leading and most innovative food company with a mission to meet our customers’ needs of superior quality foods with brands that are trusted by families everywhere. We are the go-to source of consumer, shopper and customer insights to help our customer and business partners succeed.
We currently have immediate vacancies for an Inventory Officer to join our already strong and vibrant Finance team in both Port Moresby and Lae sites. Reporting to the Cost Accountant, the role will provide support to the Supply Chain and Operations team by ensuring that Inventory controls are in place and followed to minimize controllable losses in the warehouses. The Inventory Officer is responsible for timely and accurate recording of Inventory in SYSPRO when receipting and transferring stock within warehouses.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Attend to our internal customer query on any invoice at one timeStock Receipting – Accurate and timely receipting of stocks received into SYSPRO, within the same day.
- Landed costing calculation and processing into the Stock systemStock Transfers – Accurate and timely Transfer of stocks within the warehouses into SYSPRO , for both local and inter-branch.Conduct Cycle Count spot checks – conduct daily cycle count spot check on selected products and reconciled against SYSPRO using the SQL file.
- Variance Investigation – conduct investigation and explanations for variances by SKU, which are ( +-)K1,000.
- Track and monitor damage/rework stocks and provide weekly updates.
- Liaise between logistics, Productions and invoicing to ensure accuracy and timely delivery of goods and services to customers.
- Coordinate with Warehouse Managers and Finance for the Monthly and Yearly Stock take for all SKU’s by warehouses.
- General Housekeeping of inventory section – regular filing of documents, files labelled properly and put away and area kept tidy.
- Oversee the whole Inventory process in the warehouses assigned to.
- Ensure physical confirmation by SKU and Quantity are match off with document for any stock movement.Maintained Daily SQL file, Physical Vs Syspro by 10am, weekdays.
- Investigate all stock take variancesEmbed process changes and perform training as required to ensure non-recurrence of stock take variances and adherence to regular cycle counts.
To be considered for the role, you will need to have:
- Diploma in Accounting from a recognized university or institutionPrevious work experience in similar role with a FMCG companyExperience with Syspro software (desired)
- Computer literate in MS WORD, Excel and Data ProcessingSound knowledge of Inventory Management
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels within the organization.
- Have good oral and written communication skills.
part of the Skel GF life and join a team that values healthy eating and active lifestyles and wants to share that with all the people of PNG. Still interested? Send your letter of application and CV/resume with at least 2 referees to:
Goodman Fielder Papua New Guinea
P.O. Box 673
Please submit your application in either word or pdf and with only one attachment.
Applications close Monday 22nd February 2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Job ID: #10965
Industry: Accounting / Finance, FMCG, Warehousing
Location: National Capital District, Morobe, Papua New Guinea
Company: Goodman Fielder
Company Description: Goodman Fielder is one of PNG’s largest food companies, manufacturing and distributing high quality Flour, Stock Feed, Snacks and Bakery products throughout the country. The company owns a host of iconic brands which include Flame Flour, Flame Stock feed, Bilas Bread, Twisties, Skel Rice and the Meadow Lea range. At Goodman Fielder our goal is to be the leading and most innovative local food company. In reaching that goal, we are committed to helping our people achieve their professional and personal goals while contributing to the success of a high performing team. With a focus on career development, we encourage our people to reach their full potential while also demonstrating our Goodman Fielder values. Our mission is to meet our customers’ needs for quality and nutritious everyday foods with brands that are trusted by families everywhere. Our customers and suppliers benefit from our relationships and we are the go-to source of consumer, shopper and customer insights to help our customer and business partners succeed.
Company Website: http://goodmanfielder.com/