HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGER: GRADE NQ12
Job ID: 84118
Location: Port Moresby, NCD, Papua New Guinea
Category: HR-Recruitment Jobs, Management / Executive Jobs
National Agriculture Quarantine and Inspection Authority
The National Agriculture Quarantine and Inspection Authority (NAQIA) is a Statutory Body of Government within the Ministry of Border Securities & Immigrations. NAQIA’s mandated function is to provide biosecurity services that aims to protect PNG’s animal and plant health by minimizing the risks of introduction, establishment and spread of pests and diseases affecting animal and plant health , and including those that consequentially affect humans, while at the same time facilitate trade to ensure PNG’s agriculture, forestry and fisheries exports conform to international and the importing country’s import protocols on biosecurity, thus being able to access the market.
Human Resource Manager: Grade NQ12
NAQIA is seeking a Human Resources Manager who can plan, direct, and coordinate human resources policies, programs, and practices of the Authority. The ideal person must have prior experience in HR or recruitment, with a thorough understanding of HR policy and procedures. This involves salary administration and benefits, employee contract documentation, disciplinary and conflict resolution, but there is great opportunity for developing and refining systems. We are eager to find an HR manager who easily connects with people and has a detail-oriented mindset to handle the changing nature of the workforce. The Manager – Human Resources will report directly to the General Manager – Corporate Services.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Well versed with recruitment and selection process from advertising right through to contract drafting and contract management
- Maintain professional relationship and regular consultation with clients and stakeholders;
- Collaborate with NAQIA management on staff matters;
- Improve service quality and identify and develop new systems and processes to implement.
- Coordinate activities of Personnel, and Staff Development sub-sections including industrial issues;
- Ensure that all personnel policies and terms and conditions of employment are fair and circulated to all staff and that staff understand the reason for the NAQIA Code of Conduct;
- Responsible for development of all new human resources policies and negotiating these policies with the General Manager – Corporate Services and where necessary, the Managing Director;
- Initiate policies and plans that ensure NAQIA attains its objective to establish fair and equitable benefits for all staff;
- Achieve a stable workforce through implementation of suitable human resources policies and procedures;
- Maintain harmonious relations with staff through effective communication on all human resources issues;
- Collaborate with Management in identifying placement of quality personnel for NAQIA;
- Coordinate quarterly and annual statutory human resources report to Management;
- Maintain HR Database
- Establish appropriate and efficient payroll and staff records systems including formal career path planning, succession planning and performance assessment systems.
- Meet Government and NAQIA policy requirements through approved planning, localization and training policies.
- Participate in human resources budgeting process;
- Optimize allocated budget to achieve medium and long-term objectives of NAQIA;
- Lead and direct human resources objectives in a cost-effective manner;
- Ensure that direct reports work efficiently and within budget to meet objectives
To be considered for the role, you will need to possess;
- Tertiary qualification with a Degree in HR, Psychology, Business Management or other related field, MBA or Postgraduate/Masters in Human Resource Management & Development;
- Experience in recruitment of Expatriates;
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Sound understanding of role of Department of Personnel Management, Salaries and Conditions Monitoring Committee in relation to NAQIA and the Government’s Localization policy
- Must have 10-15 years work experience in a similar role and 5 years in a supervisory or managerial position with experience in the development of and administration of HRD policies and procedures.
- Well versed with all labor laws, PSGO, PSMA, PNG Employment Act, Industrial Relation Act, Taxation Act and other related employment regulations
These are contract position with a remuneration packages inclusive of DMA, Gratuity, Housing and Vehicle Allowances. Employment contract is renewable based on satisfactory job performance.
Applicants MUST provide a covering letter with an up-to-date Curricular Vitae; certified academic qualification certificates; and at least 3 Referees who can be easily contacted by phone and or email
Only short-listed applicants meeting the criteria outlined above shall be contacted. Please address your application to:
General Manager Corporate Services
National Agriculture Quarantine & Inspection Authority
P.O. Box 741
PORT MORESBY, NCD
Attention: Personnel Officer
Applications should either be mailed through the post office, mailed electronically on this email address; email@example.com or hand deliver to NAQIA Head Office at NAQIA Building, Morea Tobo Road, 6 Mile Port Moresby between UMW and Magi Highway roundabout.
For any enquiries in relation to this advertisement, ask for the Personnel Officer or the Recruitment Officer on telephone number 3112100 or on email address given above.
APPLICATION CLOSES 4:00PM ON FRIDAY 12TH MARCH, 2021. LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED AND ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED
JOEL S. ALU LLB