Location: Madang, Papua New Guinea
Job ID: #10949
Date Posted: 11th February 2021
World Vision Papua New Guinea (WVPNG) has an exciting opportunity for those who want a change and keen to build a successful career to join us and be part of a dynamic team. We are actively sourcing suitable, qualified, experienced, highly motivated and committed individuals and invites applications for the Finance Officer position with our PPF” Immunization” Project to be based in Madang, Madang Province, Papua New Guinea.
PURPOSE OF THIS ASSIGNMENT
The Finance Officer will play main role for book keeping, accounting and payment processing to the suppliers and employee. S/he will provide technical support in financial accounting system, support to non-finance staffs to ensure high stewardship and accountability. Additionally, provide support on the completion of regular internal financial processes including implementation of new initiatives to improve efficiency in accounting and financial system. Identify financial risk and work in team to minimize/mitigate the risk to achieve the objectives.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review financial transaction for the payment
- Effective , efficient and timely Payment
- Proper and correct Accounting ( transaction recording)
- Financial information management ( Filling Management , financial data management , soft copy of data management)
- Review and upload financial data in to Sun system
- Manage and provide payment/ accounting related information to different stakeholders
- Manage banking function ( Online payment, check payment, information update)
- Ensure compliance with WVI finance and other policies, standards, procedures and Government regulations.
- Capacity enhancement and building relationship to and with team members (Finance & Non finance staffs)
- Identify financial risk and ensure smooth functioning of Internal Control Systems to mitigate risk.
- Support financial reporting and information sharing to others
- Coordination and support to internal and external stakeholders ( employee, vendors, government line agencies, auditors)
- Admin and Logistics support to team
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Must have Bachelor Degree in Finance/Accounting or Equivalent
- General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Excellent computer literacy & skill of MS office applications (Word/Excel/PowerPoint/internet etc.)
- Minimum 2 years of experience in independently handling Finance and accounts preferably within NGO sector
- Practical knowledge of NGO accounting system
A competitive salary, benefits and career development opportunity will be offered commensurate with relevant experience, knowledge and qualifications. Interested applicants should submit their expression of interest and detailed CV with valid Police Clearance Certificate (within the first 6 months of issuance) to:
P&C Recruitment Team
World Vision Papua New Guinea
P.O Box 4254, Boroko, 111, NCD
Or drop application in person at the World Vision Office in Southern Cross Compound, Ruta Place, Gordons, Port Moresby, on or before 23rd February 2021. Electronic applications should be less than 2MB.
World Vision is committed to the principles of workplace diversity. Qualified women and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
World Vision is committed to the protection of children. We do not employ staff whose background is not aligned with our child protection practices. Hence employment is conditional upon successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks, where possible.
We appreciate the time it takes to prepare your application. Please note that only short-listed candidates suitable for interview will be contacted. If you do not hear from World Vision within two (2) weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.