DIVISIONAL MANAGER – PLANTATIONS
Job ID: 84212
Location: Kimbe, WNB, Papua New Guinea
Category: Management / Executive Jobs
HARGY OIL PALMS LIMITED
(Member of SIPEF Belgium Group)
Divisional Manager – Plantations
Hargy Oil Palms Limited (HOPL) is an Oil Palm plantation company based in Bialla, West New Britain Province. A remote location situated approximately 2 and half hours drive east of Kimbe.
HOPL currently have vacancies for suitably qualified and experienced Divisional Manager’s to work in our Plantations.
- Reporting to the Plantation Manager, the Divisional Manager is responsible for ensuring the highest possible plantation standards are maintained whilst maximizing yield, minimizing cost and managing the Division within the agreed budget.
- This is a hands on management role responsible for overseeing and managing the day to operations of the assigned division ensuring that good quality, ripe crop is received into the mill with minimal loss on a daily basis.
- Although not essential, those candidates with prior Nursery Management experience will be highly regarded.
- The Divisional Manager must adhere to a high standard of work practices, methods, procedures, OHS policies, and understand the importance of RSPO. The successful candidate must also be prepared to impart knowledge through hands on leadership and training ensuring that those in the team have the right skills to perform at their optimum ability.
- A detailed Job Description is available upon request.
- To perform the job successfully, it is expected that the applicant can demonstrate the following competencies:
- Well-honed leadership and management skills; with an ability to motivate others.
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Work well in group problem solving situations.
- Must be able to work in remote location.
- Highly computer literate (Microsoft, Excel, Word, etc)
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Works within an approved budget.
- Treats people with respect.
- Education and Background
- Agricultural qualification.
- A Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a similar role.
- Equivalent level of management experience.
Competitive salary and package including, housing, utilities, school assistance and leave fares will be discussed at interview.
If you believe that you have the necessary skills and experience then please send your expression of interest along with your CV to: email@example.com
Closing date 12 March 2021.