DEPOT CLERK – LAE
Location: Morobe, Papua New Guinea
Industry: FMCG, Manufacturing, Retail / Distribution / Supply
Job ID: #10685
Date Posted: 5th January 2021
DEPOT CLERK – LAE
We have an immediate vacancy for an experienced Depot Clerk, to join our Logistics team in Lae. This position reports to the Depot Supervisor – Lae.
The successful incumbent’s main responsibility will be to support the Lae Depot Supervisor to ensure safe, smooth and efficient delivery of SPB products to its direct customers, in optimal quality. And in doing so, facilitate SPB achieving its Sales Volume Targets.
Main Duties will include:
- Ensure container availability for Shipping Orders & S/Transfers and related Tracking Planners are circulated to all stakeholders as and when vessel departs.
- Ensure all released Customer Orders are processed and delivered OTIF.
- Ensure files on Shipping & cartage rates are updated and maintained. Communicate any changes to OPCO/Logistics Manager immediately.
- Ensure all shipping & cartage invoices are certified and submitted to OPCO/Logistics Manager for approval and processing for payment.
- Ensure copies of all daily transactions e.g.: Tax invoice, Pia invoices are neatly filed for future audit purposes.
- Ensure IRC Excise duties are fully completed and sent to Finance for verification and payment weekly.
- Provide support and back up to the Depot Supervisor with overall Management of the Lae depot operations when required.
- Ensure all relevant IRC documents for inward and out ward, Goods are readily for clearance.
- Ensure timely responses to issues/queries from Sales team, Cartage contractors, & CSO’s
- Maintain proactive communication, related to appropriate stakeholders or OPCO/Logistics Manager.
- Remain conversant with company policy and procedures and demonstrates at all time a commitment to the company Vision Mission & Values
- Maintain a suitable standard of dress at all times
- Maintain professional conduct while at work and while attending all SPB related activities
It is essential that applicants possess the following:
- Grade 10-12 with past Experience preferable
- Past On The Job Experience in similar roles
- Excellent written & communication skills
- Competent PC user with Advanced Microsoft Excel
- Have current valid forklift license or experience and the ability to obtain a license.
- Must always work safe, take responsibility, collaborate through trust, keep it simple & learn to improve
A competitive salary package commensurate with experience & qualifications will be offered to the successful candidates.
Please forward your CV’s and Letter of Application to the address below:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: WEDNESDAY 13 JANUARY 2021.