COVER MANAGEMENT OFFICER
Job ID: 83816
Location: Port Moresby, NCD, Papua New Guinea
BSP Life PNG Ltd (BSP Life) is a member of the BSP Group that commenced operations in 2018 in Papua New Guinea, offering various life insurance products. BSP Life, a licensed Life Insurer in PNG, is the second insurance company in the group. The first operation is in Fiji and they have more than 140 years’ experience in the life and health insurance industry. BSP Life is the only Life Insurer in PNG selling Endowment Insurance Products.
COVER MANAGEMENT OFFICER
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced staff for the above position reporting to the Operations Manager.
The primary focus of the role is:
- To process and administer Cover Management functions in accordance with BSP Life standards to our life insurance customers, life insurance intermediaries, life insurance agents and business associates within the legal and operational parameters as per Delegated limits of authority.
- To effectively facilitate all processes within the Cover Management Department and to ensure sound knowledge of business rules and strict adherence to processes and business requirements.
- Perform the processes required for all Cover Management functions accurately and efficiently in line with the relevant BSP Life policies, business rules, standards, requirements, supporting documents, timeframes and business processes set.
- Thoroughly assessing new business applications in line with business rules; ensuring compliance to AML/CTF Acts and all other regulatory requirements.
- Accurately input customer information and data provided; and consistently follow up on requirements until completion of the process
- Perform the following accurately and efficiently – Advance Commencement Date / Change Commencement Dates, Add/Change Cover, Medical Conditions, Primary Insured, Dates of birth; Lost Policies; Policy Cancellation, Termination, Reinstatement, etc…
- Any other tasks as delegated by the Operations Manager.
Qualifications! Skills! Experience:
- A Diploma of Financial Services – Life Insurance (ANZIIF) or tertiary qualification in Business Studies or Management.
- At least 3 years work experience in a similar role with good insurance knowledge; some medical background or experience preferred.
- Sound knowledge of the operational areas of sales, insurance products, processes and systems.
- Sound knowledge of the industry legislative requirements, and business rules with strict adherence to processes, policies and procedures and process mapping.
- Strong sales and customer services ethic.
- Proficient in oral and written English with the ability to explain highly detailed and technical subject matter to non-technical audiences.
- Good problem-solving ability, analytical & creative thinking skills, and great reporting skills.
- Proficiency in Computer skills in MS Office applications.
- Team Player and ability to communicate effectively and work under minimum supervision
If you think you have the appropriate skills and experiences to perform the role, send your application and detailed CV to:
The Head of Talent Management,
BSP Human Resources,
Waigani Head Office (Level 2) via internal mail or email to email@example.com.
Please contact us should you require additional information. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interviews.
Applications close on Friday, 5th March, 2021.