Location: National Capital District, Papua New Guinea
Job ID: #10700
Date Posted: 7th January 2021
The Welder is responsible to the Material and Maintenance Planning Controller for carrying out Arc and Oxy-Acetylene, welding for assets under Air Niugini that will require repair such as work stands, trollies, dollies and other fabrication items.
The Welder prepares the jobs ready for welding and provisions the materials in advance of the start of the job. The Welder maintains the welding equipment and keeps it in working condition and must ensure that produce strong, clean welds and test output to ensure strength and tolerance of welds.
- Ensuring that all structural welds are checked and repaired where necessary;
- The manufacturing of safety stands and other equipment as required by mechanics;
- Observing the highest safety precautions during repairing;
- The repair and rotation of all baggage trolleys and advises the Material and Maintenance Planning Controller on the condition of the trollies as they rotate through the workshop;
- Must be able to work efficiently without any supervision.
- Knowing the workshop system to ensure correct documents are completed before parts are consigned to out ports in the absence of the storeman.
- The application of paint to metal structures;
- Must be willing to work for rostered weekend duties;
- Be prepared to travel to other ports to carry out required work
Qualifications and experience required
- The successful applicant must possess the following:
- Must have completed Technical or Vocational College course in welding;
- Must have more than three (3) years’ experience in welding/mechanical with steel fabricating / repairs of exhaust pipes and radiator leaks.
- Knowledgeable in all type of welding techniques and use of welding equipment;
- Handyman type experience in other related workshop operations;
- Must be able to read blueprint of common welding symbols;
- Must be physically fit to stand, crouch and occasionally lift heavy equipment;
- Must be prepared to assist mechanical staff as and when required.
- Able to communicate effectively
- Be a holder of valid and current PNG Driving License (preferably Class 6);
- Completed Grade ten (10) education with passes;
- Must be punctual, reliable & neat in appearance;
Written applications with copies of qualifications and names of three (3) referees and reliable contact details should be directed to:
Human Resource Department
Air Niugini Limited
P O Box 7186
Applications close Friday 22nd January 2021.