CALL FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR THE LAND ACCESS GUIDE TRAINING AND AWARNESS ROLL-OUT IN THE MARKHAM VALLEY, MOROBE, PNG
The Grow PNG Limited is a non-profit subsidiary of Grow Asia Partnership Limited and an Australian funded-initiative under the PNG-Aus Partnership, established in 2019 in Lae, Morobe. It is supported by the World Economic Forum to implement the United Nations Sustainable Development Strategy on Sustainable Agriculture. Its primary focused is on Agricultural development in the Markham Valley.
Project Background Information.
Grow PNG Ltd through its Land Access Working Group comprising stakeholders from Government, Land Owners, Agribusiness and others have developed a Land Access Guide (LAG), and launched in 2021 with the support of Member for Markham, Hon Konni Iguan, land owners, and supported by the Australian Government Consul in Lae. Other government dignitaries also attended as well as other important Agribusiness developers.
This Land Access Guide, an 89-page document, provides an easy to access land approach to developing the vast land in the Markham valley for Agriculture and Livestock development.
Markham valley, a potential food bowl of the country, has 50,000 hectares of land suited for a range of Agriculture and Livestock development. Despite the availability of this vast land asset, only 10% is currently cultivated. The other 90% has difficulty accessing due to many reasons. Some of those reasons were due to failed agriculture investment models, difficultly accessing finance, ineffective landowner participations and many others.
Grow PNG Ltd is now taking a step further to ensure this Land Access Guide is understood by all stakeholders and applied in a practical manner so the 90% of the Land in Markham is made available for Agriculture and Livestock development. This will increase household incomes for the Markham valley families in a substantial manner.
Grow PNG is now embarking on training key stakeholders within the Markham valley on how to use this guide.
A training and consultancy company is sought to develop a training program based on this land access guide, and also to train a range of key stakeholders within the valley, and critical others, on how best land maybe access for development. This work will commence in July 2021.
Training and Awareness Roll-Out
The Grow PNG calls for expressions of Interest from competent consultants’ firms or individual for the Land Access Working Guide training and awareness program roll-out in the Markham Valley.
Rationale/Justification for the Land Access Guide T&A roll out
This LAG T&A roll out will provide advice and resources for reaching durable land agreement between parties for agriculture investments. It also discusses processes and procedures involved in accessing customary land and provides information about resolving land related conflicts. The Guide was developed through a desktop review of relevant literature on customary land access and consultations with a wide range of stakeholders.
Objectives of the Training and Awareness
- Deliver the first Pilot training roll-out to the first front liners; ILG Executives, Land mediators, Lands Officers, Executives of the Cooperative Societies and Farmer Business Groups, Agribusiness SME Executives
- Register record number of Land Access Stakeholders attending the Training (Male-Female-Groups/Organisation)
- Track and capture the whole training process and approach taken for this first Pilot training and build a reference training package. The reference training package will be set as the basis to extend the T&A Program for the 2nd level audience.
Required Qualifications and Experience
The Training & Awareness Service Provider must be an experienced Land Access Practitioners that are already on Grow PNG’s Database or elsewhere. Individual consultant(s) in an established firm must possess strong work ethic to draw on expert interviews and community consultations relevant to land access processes and procedures in a complete approached. The consultant(s) firm should be an established and experienced training service provider registered with the national training council, and able to design and deliver/facilitate training using adult learning principles.
- Planning: Ability to develop clear goals, flexibility, time efficiency and ability to work with minimum supervision
- Professionalism: Demonstrable knowledge and appreciation of concepts and approaches related to land tenure and management. Consultant(s) should be familiar with the customary tenure of the country and on-going land-related processes in the country
- Innovativeness: Service provider should be in position to propose new, flexible and creative approaches to solve identified and/or existing and foreseeable land rights issues in the country
- Communication; Excellent written and verbal skills including the ability to articulate complex issues in in a concise and clear manner.
Applicants are required to submit the following:
- A technical proposal: letter of Interest, stating why you consider your services suitable for the assignment;
- Company profile on handling related assignment;
- Personal CVs for individual consultant highlighting qualifications and experience;
- Accurate business or personal address i.e., physical, postal, telephones and email;
- Contact details of referees from organizations for whom consultant firm has facilitate training in similar role;
- Financial proposal indicating consultancy fee and a breakdown of expenses (unit price including other expenses) relating to the assignment;
- Both technical and financial proposal must not exceed five pages
The engagement will be for a period of four months (July-October 2021). Interested individuals or consultant(s) firm may obtain a copy of the Terms of Reference (ToR) which provides specific details on the tasks involved by following this link to download: www.growasia.org/png
Applications are to be addressed to :
Grow PNG Ltd P O Box 4425, Lae Morobe Province,PNG Level 1, Office 10, Nambawan Super Haus, 2nd Street, Top Town Landline No: 4720448, Mobile No: 71314576 Website:www.growasia.org/png
Applications must be sent to the following email: Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications must be received no later than 4:30pm 2nd July 2021.
Executive Director Grow PNG Ltd