SENIOR SUPERVISOR MOBILE MAINTENANCE
Location: South Pacific
Industry: Mining, Oil and Gas
Job ID: #10799
Date Posted: 21st January 2021
St Barbara is a growing gold company with a global outlook. We’re here to create value in everything we do, for our people, our communities and our shareholders.
An ASX200 company, our gold mining operations are located in Australia (Western Australia), Canada (Nova Scotia) and Papua New Guinea (Simberi). As we operate our business and care for our people, we are guided by our five commitments and values-led culture. These commitments are: Safety always; Empowered people, Diverse teams; Stronger communities; Respecting the environment; and Growing sustainably.
Our strong, values-led culture drives our behaviour and guides our decision making every day as we deliver to promise on our commitments.
We are proudly an employer of choice, committed to inclusion and diversity. We’re the only Australian mining company to be recognised as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA); and in February 2020, we received this recognition for the sixth consecutive year. We provide industry best practice parental leave and return to work provisions, with nil gender pay gap in like-for-like roles. We are committed to addressing pay equity and gender equality through our recruitment, promotions, rewards and recognition.
We are currently seeking a Senior Supervisor to join our Mobile Maintenance team. This is a Fixed Term (3 years), full-time position at our Simberi Operations in Papua New Guinea.
Reporting to the Mobile Maintenance Superintendent, you will be charged to develop the Simberi mobile plant workshop team for the safe and effective maintenance of the Simberi mobile fleet.
- Implement and assist in the development of the Training and Development programs to improve employee skill levels.
- Provide engineering, maintenance and management expertise for the training of employees.
- Promote safety to employees in all aspects of processing and maintenance.
- Manage and control maintenance activities.
- Immediately report and investigate incidents.
- Ensure that the Simberi Operations develops and uses effective plans that derive from and support the St Barbara strategic and business plans.
- Assist the Mobile Maintenance Superintendent with budgeting, cost analysis, maintenance programs, and skills development.
- Present and manage fault finding and diagnostic maintenance to the teams.
- Mentor and train the Mobile Maintenance team.
What you can expect from us
- A caring and supportive culture.
- A high-performing St Barbara community.
- Professional and positive team environments on site, and at all facilities.
- A ‘grow our own’ approach with a preference to develop and promote internally.
- Access to professional development activities and educational assistance.
- Competitive salary, and options for salary sacrificing.
- Access to a generous superannuation scheme including salary continuance and death and disability cover.
- Air-conditioned, comfortable accommodation facilities with private ensuite.
- Onsite gym, pool, recreation room, BBQ area and access to regular organised team sports.
- A proud Equal Opportunity Employer and Employer of Choice for Gender Diversity.
What we will expect from you
You should feel a strong alignment with St Barbara’s values as you will be required to live them. You will use our values, along with our five commitments, to guide your decision making as you work for the safety and wellbeing of our people.
- You are able to produce a National Police Clearance (valid within the last 3 months) for site access purposes.
- You have a current unencumbered ‘C’ Class Driver’s Licence.
- You have a Heavy Vehicle Mechanical Trade Certificate.
- You have at least 10 years experience with Hitachi, Bell & CAT equipment.
- You have at least 10 years relevant supervisory experience.
- You will enjoy working collaboratively and effectively within a diverse team.
- You are an excellent communicator, including communicating and building excellent working relationships with people from different backgrounds and cultures.
- You can work to tight deadlines and on multiple tasks.
- You have a high level of enthusiasm for the work with high performance goals.
- You can work effectively with and have a high level of computer literacy (particularly MS Office – Excel and ERP Pronto).
Does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to hear from you.
For further information on St Barbara and to apply for this role, please visit: www.stbarbara.com.au/careers
Please note, candidates are required to undertake pre-employment checks including pre-employment medical, drug and alcohol screens and a police check/criminal history check. Candidates must have the ability to be cleared for a National Police Clearance for site access purposes.